World Weaver Press wants fantasy, fairy tale, speculative short stories for GRIMM, GRIT, AND GASOLINE: An anthology of Dieselpunk and Decopunk Fairy Tales, edited by Rhonda Parrish. The editors write:
Dieselpunk and decopunk are alternative history reimaginings of the WWI and WWII eras beginning with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and ending before the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I’m looking for tales with the grit of roaring bombers, rumbling tanks, of ‘We Can Do It’, the Great Depression and old time gangsters or the glamour (real or imagined) of flappers, Hollywood starlets, smoky jazz, elegant cars and Radio City Music Hall. Plus fairy tales.
Submitting to GRIMM, GRIT, AND GASOLINE
- Publisher: World Weaver Press
- Publication: GRIMM, GRIT, AND GASOLINE: An anthology of Dieselpunk and Decopunk Fairy Tales, edited by Rhonda Parrish
- Publication type:
- Word count: up to 7,500 words
- Payment: $0.01 per word + contributor copy
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive right to publish the collection, and non-exclusive right to individual story reprints. They do not seek audio, film, or foreign language rights.
- Submission period: August 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018
- Publication date: mid-2019
- Response time: not specified.
- Format: To be posted closer to the deadline at Submission Guidelines | World Weaver Press. They usually ask for standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? not specified
Find more details at Submission Guidelines | World Weaver Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!
@RhondaParrish and @worldweaver_wwp have a call out for dieselpunk and decopunk fairy tales. Submission period is August 1, 2018–September 30, 2018; pays $0.01 per word + contributor copy. Click To Tweet