World Weaver Press wants fantasy, fairy tale, speculative short stories for GRIMM, GRIT, AND GASOLINE: An anthology of Dieselpunk and Decopunk Fairy Tales, edited by Rhonda Parrish. The editors write:
Dieselpunk and decopunk are alternative history reimaginings of the WWI and WWII eras beginning with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and ending before the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I’m looking for tales with the grit of roaring bombers, rumbling tanks, of ‘We Can Do It’, the Great Depression and old time gangsters or the glamour (real or imagined) of flappers, Hollywood starlets, smoky jazz, elegant cars and Radio City Music Hall. Plus fairy tales.
Submitting to GRIMM, GRIT, AND GASOLINE
- Publisher: World Weaver Press
- Publication: GRIMM, GRIT, AND GASOLINE: An anthology of Dieselpunk and Decopunk Fairy Tales, edited by Rhonda Parrish
- Publication type:
- Word count: up to 7,500 words
- Payment: $0.01 per word + contributor copy
- Rights the publisher asks for: Exclusive right to publish the collection, and non-exclusive right to individual story reprints. They do not seek audio, film, or foreign language rights.
- Submission period: August 1, 2018 – September 30, 2018
- Publication date: mid-2019
- Response time: not specified.
- Format: To be posted closer to the deadline at Submission Guidelines | World Weaver Press. They usually ask for standard manuscript format in Microsoft Word or Rich Text Format.
- Will they take simultaneous submissions? Yes.
- Will they take multiple submissions? No. Read more about multiple and simultaneous submissions.
- Will they take reprints? not specified
Find more details at Submission Guidelines | World Weaver Press, and don’t forget to tell them you found their submission call here!
@RhondaParrish and @worldweaver_wwp have a call out for dieselpunk and decopunk fairy tales. Submission period is August 1, 2018–September 30, 2018; pays $0.01 per word + contributor copy. Click To Tweet
If you found this post useful, you can help keep this blog going by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons get early access to submission calls and other tools to make publishing and marketing easier.
About Submission Calls
I post paying submission calls every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I focus on fiction calls, but occasionally post paying opportunities for creative nonfiction and poetry.
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with characters from underrepresented groups, including queer/LGBTQIA characters. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.