Winter holidays around the world feature celebrations solemn and convivial, feasts and parties, and quite often, gifts to loved ones. Whether these gifts are funny and flirty, erotic, or lovingly bestowed, the perfect gift may be the most endearing way into a man’s heart….
Requirements: Stories will be set in and involve any end-of-the-year holidays, such as Advent, Boxing Day, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s, Saint Nicholas’s Day, Solstice, Yule, and
• Romantic themes are required and stories will focus on happy endings.
• Requirements: Bittersweet Dreams will not be accepted for this anthology.
• Because of the packaged nature of the set, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works will be accepted.
• Submission Deadline: July 1, 2017. Contract offers will be made by August 1, 2017.
• Publication Date: December 2017
• Advent Calendar story length: 5,000 – 18,000 words
• Manuscripts shorter or longer will be considered but will have to be extraordinary.
• Follow general Submission Guidelines for instructions and formatting.
Send all submissions to email@example.com. Please include “ADVENT” in the subject line.
And check my other listed calls for submissions.
About Submission Calls
Browse more submission calls or tips for writers. You can sort calls by payment rate: token, semi-professional, professional, or royalties. To get a weekly roundup of all my posts for writers, sign up here.
This blog is queer-friendly. I strive to ensure that all submission calls I post are open to works with queer/LGBTQIA characters and themes. I do this by checking the publisher's back catalog, submissions policies, or business practices, or by communicating with the publisher directly.
Please contact the publisher through the links in the post if you have questions about a submission call. Contact me if you've had a bad experience with a publisher featured here.
If you find these posts helpful, you can help keep this blog running by buying me a coffee or becoming a monthly patron via Patreon. Patrons can get early access to submission calls and other tools for furthering their writing careers.